Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 28, 2018

Roads




Roads
And here I am in Europe!
Last week, April Wednesday 18th  and Thursday 19th , I took part, together with about seventy other participants priests, friars and nuns, at the Diocesan Session. Together with the new Bishop of Bouar we have tried to understand how to handle the situation mostly regarding the security (almost half of the parishes are in dangerous conditions, because in areas occupied by rebels). We discussed also about the future of our Diocese: what to do, and how to act. We plan, among other things, the reopening of schools for catechists, next fall. The meeting concludes with the Eucharistic celebration in the chapel of the Clarisse nuns, preceded by a meeting among the Bishop with Friars and Sisters of the diocese.
On Thursday afternoon I go to Baoro, and on early Friday at 4.30am I’m on my way to Bangui. There I have a couple of meetings and finally the check-in for my flight to Europe. In the afternoon I have the flight to Paris, where I arrive Saturday morning, to continue towards Genoa. My confreres come to pick me up at the airport, and in the afternoon I go to Cuneo, for a few days with my family.
But Monday and Tuesday I am in Prague, to meet the Brothers looking after the Shrine of the Child Jesus and for some meetings. On Monday afternoon I take part to the meeting with the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, and above all, the friends of the NGO SIRIRI.OPS, with whom we have been collaborating for years. At present I’m back to Italy for a few weeks.
On Thursday May 3rd there will be the presentation of the book "Courage. We must fight so that God grants victory ". I have in my hands the just printed book! Over 300 pages, which collect what I wrote on the blog in recent years. All enriched by some information on the Country, the mission, education, agriculture and much more! It will be possible to find it here:













No comments:

Post a Comment