Total Pageviews

Friday, December 15, 2017

Going back home



Scorci di Yaounde
Going back home
My daily chronical goes on, event by event. Last Saturday I left Yaounde, Cameroon Capital, wanting to reach Douala, a city on the sea, or rather, where the river flows into the sea. I travel by coach, very comfortable, even if, to cover the distance of 250 km it takes four and a half hours. Sunday morning I make a stop for a visit to the Sisters of Mercy of Douala, then I go to the airport, and around 1.00 pm, with a little delay, I leave towards Bangui. Here I give myself a short moment for a quick hello to some friends, and also to see the excellent preparation of the working area for the production of clay bricks. The work will begin (I hope) in January. Monday morning at 6.30 am I'm at the airport. A long waiting time. I should leave towards Bouar with a flight of MINUSCA (the UN Peace Keepers) at 11.00 am and instead the departure is delayed at 1.30 pm.  The plane is a russian Antonov, as Russian is the crew and all the signs. At 2.30 I am in Bouar, and I can take the road back home 5.00 pm, having with me Alberto, who comes to Bozoum for a week as a dentist, reopening the dental office. This dental service has been kept open and operative for years by the Association "Friends for Central Africa". In these days the displaced persons are going back to Bocaranga. After almost two months, many families decided to return home. It will be hard (many will have to rebuild their house), but it is always better than living far away. We will try to continue to help them there too.



Bangui

cantiere per la fabbricazione dei mattoni
le chantier pour la fabrication des briques


Arrivo a Bouar

Alberto, il dentista, all'opera






No comments:

Post a Comment