Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Last week in September





Last week in September.
A new school year just began and this week the children are back to school. Here in our Mission there are:
1. Kindergarten "Ste Marthe": 150 children
2. The elementary schools "Isidore Bakanjia": about 850 kids
3. The school literacy (school recovery): 70 boys and girls
4. The women's advancement center "Cana": 30 girls
5. The Secondary and High School "St. Augustin": 250 young students
So we resume the school year which is  an opportunity and a treasure for many children, that scatter joy from all sides! Monday I’m just on time to follow the Schools opening and by mid-morning I leave towards Bangui. I take the ten Prague volunteers who return home after the thrilling job in training 150 teachers. Once in Bangui I visit the area of our convent of Carmel, where there are still nearly 3,000 refugees. Among other things, I discover some cocoa trees and a 1943 car still functioning! On Wednesday I’m back to Bozoum. The church works continue intensively, also because on Sunday we celebrate the Parish feast which is dedicated to Saint Michael. Thursday and Friday the Scouts and other Ecclesiastical Movements come to help us out. In Bozoum these days are passing by many NGOs, fleeing Bocaranga, 125 km far from here.  Over there they are under serious threats by armed gangs. One last thing: I would like to prepare a calendar to be printed and made available to those who want it. I’m planning to choose some of the photos from my blog. If you want to participate in selecting pics,   you can go here:  http://bozoum.org/it/la-missione/galleria/vota-la-foto  (rate the picture) and follow the instructions to choose one or more photos that you prefer.




Lycée St.Augustin

école Isidore Bakanjia



I volontari dell'ONG SIRIRI e la comnità del Carmel a Bangui

Cacao

un'auto del 1943...







No comments:

Post a Comment